Tuesday, July 21, 2009

How to Twitter

Like everyone else, I have been hearing about Twitter.com for a while. At first it was a gentle buzz, now I am hearing about it everywhere. After months of arguing that it wasn't for me, I decided to check it out and see what the fuss was about.

The basic idea behind twitter is that you type continual updates, short pieces less than 140 characters, very frequently. The more you update, and the more interesting your posts, the more followers you have. You can also follow other people's updates and learn about topics that interest you. For example, I am following several start-up entrepreneurs and a small business procurement expert. Like other types of social media, it is yet another way for people to get to know you and your business.

After almost a week of being on Twitter, I am surprised at how much I like it. I have been posting on small business and health care reform. I find it a great way to share interesting articles, thoughts, and ideas on those topics. Please follow me at http://twitter.com/smlbizadvice.

I also recommend trying it out for yourself. This is a great video explaining how to get started. Once you are up and running, let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment